Lost & Found
Lost items can be picked up at the Information Desk on the first floor. Property not claimed from the lost and found is donated to charities.
Lockers for check-out
Lockers are available in the elevator alcove of the first floor. Check out a key for a locker at the Check Out desk on the first floor using your UW-Madison ID.
The lockers are available for checkout like any other library material, but are subject to specific use policies, including:
- Lockers can be checked out for 12 hours at a time. You may renew the locker key once, for a total loan of 24 hours.
- Overdue fines are charged at a rate of $2/hour overdue.
- A lost key incurs a charge of $20.
In addition to the use policies, please be aware of the following rules regarding the use of these lockers:
- Materials kept in lockers are the responsibility of the user. The library does not monitor the locker areas and takes no responsibility for materials lost, stolen or damaged while stored in lockers.
- The library reserves the right to inspect the contents of a locker at any time.
- Hazardous or illegal items are not to be kept in the lockers.
- It is your responsibility to clean and empty the locker before returning the key.
- Library books charged out to you, if they are not overdue, may be kept in lockers. No other library materials may be kept in lockers.
- Neither food nor drink should be kept in the lockers.
- Personal locks of any type are not permitted on lockers. Staff will remove any such locks.
- If a key is not returned after 24 hours, the contents of the lockers will be removed and turned over to lost and found. Any library items found in lockers at this time will be checked-in and returned to the shelves.
- Access to the lockers is limited to the times that the library is open to the public.
- Violation of these rules may result in suspension of privileges and/or escalation to the Dean of Students office.
Lockers for charging electronics
As a pilot project, we are pleased to offer Charging Lockers on the first floor near the west stairwell entrance.
Need to charge your phone, tablet or laptop between classes or while you're studying? Simply select a unique 4-digit pin, connect your charging cable and device to the outlets provided inside the lockers, secure the door, and walk away.
Please give us your feedback by completing our charging lockers survey:
- College Library is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.
- You are responsible for remembering your lock code.
- The time limit for a charging locker is 4 hours.
- Lockers are checked daily and items left longer than 4 hours may be placed in our Lost & Found.
- The CMC (room 2250) has common charging cables available for check out.
- Please go to the Information Desk if you require assistance.
A free campus telephone is located on the first floor near the west stairwell doors. Campus telephones are also available in the Memorial Union and in Memorial Library.
Public telephones are available in the Memorial Union and in Memorial Library.
Café and Vending machines
The Open Book Café service and the vending machines in College Library are operated and maintained by Memorial Union. College Library does not profit from their operation. If a vending machine is not working properly, report the problem by calling the 800 number posted in room 1250. For refunds, complaints, or suggestions regarding the vending machines, go to the Memorial Union games room or Information Desk. First Floor Map